Cricket is a religion in this great nation. A boy during his childhood plays his first outdoor game, and it is most of the time- cricket. From childhood, children make their role models in cricket like the great Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, KapilDev, etc. Every boy in this country dreams to become a cricketer. Like football is the most loved game in England, cricket is in India. Several youngsters have a dream to meet their favourite cricketers more than Bollywood actors. Here we will discuss about the greatest moments of all time of men in blue which make their fan following even more developed.
- 1983 World cup, Lord’s- Indian team was regarded as underdogs during 1983 Cricket World Cup. Nobody thought that Kapil’s led team would win the world cup by beating West Indies which is the best team of that time and were favourites to win. West Indies team led by Clive Lloyd was 2 times defending champion when they lost to men in blue. KapilDev raising the trophy was a goose bumps moment for many Indians.
- Desert Storm of 1998, Sharjah- This was the time of Coca Cola Series held in Sharjah between India and Australia. People were waiting to see world’s greatest batsman- Sachin Tendulkar and world’s greatest Spinner-Shane Warne battle it out in this series. But Tendulkar shined by scoring 143 against the Aussies helping India to enter the final. And again in the final, he scored 134 to prove that it was not a fluke to hit Shane Warne like that.
- 2002, Natwest Trophy Final- This match was held in Lord’s where England had put a huge score of 326 in One Day International. India batting second was struggling at 146/5, when the new youngsters- Yuvraj Singh and Mohammad Kaif played the game of their innings and help India to win the Trophy. SouravGanguly twirling his shirt bare-chested at Lord’s can’t be forgotten.
- World Cup Encounter of 2003, India vs. Pakistan- After losing to Australia, India had a last chance to remain in World Cup which was to beat Pakistan. In this great match, India chased 274 which was a tremendous score to chase at that time with the help of innings played by Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin Knocked ShoaibAkhtar, WaqarYounis and WasimAkram out of the park by scoring mammoth sixes and scintillating fours.
- Mumbai World Cup, 2011- This was one of the greatest moments in cricket for India, when MS Dhoni hit a six out of the park against Sri Lanka to win the World cup. This World Cup victory came after 28 years and was a gift to Sachin Tendulkar who was going to retire in small amount of time.
For more videos related to cricket, you can download from vidmate for android. Vidmate can download these videos with great speed as it requires very low connectivity. Buffering of videos is also very fast. So, download this app for free and have fun seeing cricketing legends play it out.