Akshay Kumar is a popular Bollywood actor who in 2019 had become the 4th highest paid actor according to Forbes winning millions of hearts with his wonderful performance in his latest movie ‘Mission Mangal’. There are 12 movies which have entered the Rs. 100+ crore club and have been enjoyed completely by the audience.
Top movies entering the Rs. 100 crore club
- Mission Mangal: Released this year in 2019, this movie currently has crossed Rs. 193.14 crore and is Akshay’s highest grossing movie. This Jagan Shakti directed movie stars Sonakshi Sinha, Vidya Balan, Nithya Menon, Taapsee Pannu and Kirti Kulhari in leading roles. This multi-starrer movie is depicted on the 2013 Mars Orbiter Mission of ISRO known as Mangalyaan.
- Kesari: Released in 2019, it had crossed Rs. 100 crore worldwide during the opening weekend and managed over Rs. 151 crore.
- 0: This was perhaps the most awaited movie of Akshay in released 2018 also starred by the South Indian superstar Rajnikanth and is ‘Robot’ movie’s sequel. It was also Akshay’s entry into South India movie industry. The Hindi version registered over Rs. 185 crore.
- Gold: In two weeks’ time, it entered the Rs. 100+ crore club and also made history for being the very first Bollywood movie to get released in Saudi Arabia. This fictional story is about an iconic win at London Olympics of 1948.
- Toilet – Ek Prem Katha: It got released in 2017 & earned about Rs. 134.22 crore. It was directed by Narayan Singh and enjoyed bigger opening in China. This satirical comedy movie was created to support and promote Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of improved sanitation facilities in India.
- Jolly LLB 2: Released in 2017, it shows Akshay’s great comic timing. Directed by Subash Kapoor, it does have perfect blend of well written screenplay combined with humor.
- Rustom: This 2016 released movie got a National Award exclusively for Akshay’s performance in this action based drama and managed about Rs. 127.49 crore and based upon true incidents that took place long ago. It is more about an individual who tries to uphold his as well as his nation’s integrity.
- Housefull 3: This franchise is considered to be the audience favorite and is directed by Sajid Khan, minting about Rs. 109.14 crore. It is just a laughter riot and stars Akshay Kumar, Jacqueline Fernandez, Ritesh Deshmukh, Lisa Hayden, Abhishek Bachchan and Nargis Fakhri.
- Airlift: This movie directed by Raja Krishna Menon was released in 2016 and gathered a collection of Rs. 128.1 crore. It is based upon a true event that took place during Gulf War at the time of invasion of Kuwait in 1990. This thriller had that ‘Argo’ whiff which featured Ben Affleck.
- Holiday- Soldier never off duty: This movie directed by A.R. Murugadoss had managed to collect Rs. 112.45 crore and is a complete thriller. This fictional action packed movie is about some military officers who even after being on a vacation are determined to track down sleeping cell of the terrorist group to disengage them completely.
If you are a fan of Akshay Kumar and want to enjoy his latest and old movies, then you can easily download Vidmate App and get view unlimited streaming movies without getting bored